Re: [orca-list] a feature request for which I have a solution.

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 14:52 +0530, Arky wrote:
--- On Mon, 19/10/09, Krishnakant <hackingkk gmail com> wrote:

It's perfectly ok to put the documents on-line infact that
should be one
of the biggest prioritys.  The advantage would be that
peop.people can
directly contribute to it.
But having it off-line and built with orca is equally
important.

When you press F1 in orca, the yelp documentation you see is Gnome Accessibility Guide. Its is available
off-line and is installed as part of gnome documentation packages.

The goal of Orca/DocRewrite is exactly what you said in your email.

If that's the case then I have 2 alternative approaches.
1, I would write a latex book and export it to an html navigational
manual with proper table or contents.  I can send this to any one who
would be able to put it into the yelp docs.
2, the other approach is that we maintain a seperate tarball of the
manual along with orca so that people can download it even on a windows
machine, read it before having a go at orca and linux.
I am very comfortable with latex and find that it creats good accessible
outout in html so I really don't think I will have time to read and
learn any other format.  I ahve a lot of professional FOSS based work on
my head any ways and I can't take another overhead to learn some new
formatting tagset in my volantery time, which I want to give fully to
documenting orca and may be also write some scripts in future.
I am also busy with many government and non-government organisations for
making polisies and govt aided projects for trainning blind people in
computers using orca.  there is dirth of the kind of manuals which I a
am proposing.  Thus writing those manuals as eraly as possible is
necessary and I can't spend time learning some new tool to do this
documentation.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.