[orca-list] Is it possible to specify the python installation to be used when compiling orca?

Hello,
On my archlinux system there is a python3 installation and a python 2.7 installation. Now both come from the archlinux repositories but the packages seem to make python3 the default for the python command. I did try and change the link /usr/bin/python to point to python 2.7 but when python3 was upgraded it got switched back. Now this causes issues for me when using orca from git.

So my question is, how can I tell orca to always use python 2.7 rather than the python command when I compile orca?

Michael Whapples