Re: [orca-list] Alternative to Ubuntu?

The talking installer for Arch does come with Speakup. Installation, although it is rather involved, because
you're basically starting from scratch, is fairly straightforward, and there's a very nice audio tutorial on
the wiki page for the talking installer to get you started. Sorry I don't have the direct link to the image
or its wiki page handy at the moment. Perhaps someone else here can send it to you, as it is a modified
installer rather than the official image available from the download page.

As for Orca, I am using it as a screen reader rather than as a magnifier. Arch has all the latest versions of
GNOME and Orca available for installation. Other than a few rather minor annoyances that still need to be
worked out with at-spi2 and Orca, it runs fairly well here. And don't worry, there's no Unity on Arch,
although if you really want it, it's probably available in the Arch User Repository somewhere. :)
~Kyle
Sent from my Wishdroid! :)