Re: [orca-list] planning to buy a new laptop

Thanks Jason.

On 6/14/2012 11:43 AM, Jason White wrote:
As I understand it, the Linux drivers for Intel graphics hardware are written by Intel developers, so if it gives you the video performance you need then you can certainly choose a laptop with an Intel graphics controller.

That is a problem, I don't know if the default Intel controller will give me the performance I need, which is using a screen magnifier in full screen.

I would recommend having a look at http://www.linuxlaptops.org/ before buying anything.

The computers I am looking at are too recent, and thus not in the list...

There may be a Linux laptop distributor in your country - you should do some research online.

I already did, there are some laptops available with Linux, but they present specs for general use.