Re: [orca-list] how good is the latest verssion of ubuntu for accessable music production?

Hi,

The big problem now is Jackd.  You will need 2 sound cards, one for your speech synth and one for Jackd.  Having said that, please note that It is not known if Rosegarden is accessible.  The thing goes straight to jackd and takes over all sound when you launch it.  It silences Orca completely so, unless you have braille, it's hard to tell if at-spi is getting any messages through the qt-at-spi bridge and passing them to Orca.

Alex M