[orca-list] how good will be the gnome shell edition of Ubuntu 13.04?

Hello all,
I wish to know if the Ubuntu 13.04 gnome edition is worth using for a complete daily desktop? As far as I can understand from the responses to my previous queries, many suggest that Unity is still as good as 12.04. But I understand that Gnome shell 3.6 is much more accessible than 3.4. Is this correct?

If yes, then how good would it be as compared to Unity 2d?
do we have some thing similar to heads up display?
Can I access the top panel where wifi settings or other system related options can be accessed?
Is the menu bar totally accessible?
Any other advantage or prominent improvements over Gnome shell 3.4?
I am a Unity 2d user, how big a learning curve it would be to switch over to Gnome 3.6?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.