[orca-list] Speech Output in Alpine

Hey There,

For those of you Linux users, whether Ubuntu or Debian, who also
employ alpine, either in an ongoing or sporadic fashion for your
email server and Orca for your speech package, I have a question.
I am wanting to do some pretty extensive work in the alpine
config screens, because I am attempting to tweak my pinerc.
However, whilst trying to navigate within those particular
screens, I find that I am totally unable to garner any sort of
speech output.

I can not seem to discover the proper speech setting for Orca
that will allow me to read the content of the screens where I am
trying to work. Now then, are we actually dealing with speech
issues, key echo issues or what? What "Orca Preference" settings
must be tweaked so that I can induce Orca to speak uninhibitedly
so that I could get some work done.

As always, thanks ever so much in advance.

cheerio,
Riv

My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/