[orca-list] Resolution of Most Perplexing Anomaly

Hi All,

First of all, I sincerely thank all of you good folk who offered
me feedback on my original post on this topic. Your help is most
assuredly appreciated.

Now then, I suspect there are some strong similarities between
Win-7, Ubuntu software and the Orca speech package that go beyond
mere physical and technical resemblances. As aforesaid, the
problem consisted of my not being able to read a particular
combo-box with the appropriate cursor keys. However, and this
could simply be the result of a strange coincidence, I was able
to induce the combo box to talk by using alt-up-arrow. This
cleared the problem right up.

Several months ago, I collaborated with a fellow Linux user in an
attempt to fix this problem. The only solution the two of us
could come up with was to hit tab and then back tab in order to
read the current item in the combo box. We would then down arrow,
hit tab and then shift tab so we could read the next available
selection. Needless to say, this proved to be a most laborious
and frustrating process indeed.

I hope this post will help any other Linux users who have
encountered the same problem.

Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/