Re: [orca-list] Arch+orca stopped talking to me

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
I updated my Arch Linux system 2 days ago and found after a power
failure early yesterday morning that Orca is no longer speaking.
Typing something like

spe-say hello

at a command prompt still speaks "hello," but I get nothing at all
from orca. I am running Orca 3.6.3-2 from the standard repos; not
running git master. I get absolutely no output from orca while it is
running.

orca >&outfile

in the gnome terminal and

tail -f outfile

from a speakup-enabled console is producing absolutely nothing.

Could you try the above with the --debug option, i.e., orca --debug
&debug-output-file

And think about buying a UPS.