Re: [orca-list] Heads up: Major changes coming in Master

On 11/05/2013 07:37 AM, am_dxer fastmail fm wrote:

What kind of affect will these changes have on legacy GTK 2
applications? If a bug is introduced that affects GTK2 but not GTK3
should we still report it or should we assume GTK2 as deprecated?

The short answer is: Please report it on the Orca list so I can investigate.

The longer answer is this: While Gtk+ 2 is old and on its way out the
door, it is still being maintained currently. So the goal is for Orca to
continue to work with Gtk+ 2 apps, even after all of these changes. I am
hopeful that this will be the case because the "new" events are not new.
They've been around for years and years, including in Gtk+ 2. Orca just
needs to rely solely upon those "new" events -- which hasn't been the
case, and is what I'm working on currently.

Take care.
--joanie