[orca-list] at-spi roll names

hi all
I've been wondering about this for quite a while now, and just now figured how to put it in an email. Orca's
reporting
of some rolls, EG editable text fields, and form fields in websites, is a little inconsistent. For text
areas, orca says
simply text. But for form fields, it usually says entry. Would it be possible to standardize on one name or
the other?
I'm used to it myself, but my fiance who I'm trying to get to make the switch likes edit or editable text
better. I
Thought about customizing the names just for her system, but cna't find a file to edit, and I suspect I'd
have to
recompile at-spi to manage this. Any thoughts? I myself would like a little less verbocity on the desktop, or
the
ability to customize what is spoken. For example, on the desktop, I hear, home. Computer. Books folder.
Firefox desktop
configuration icon. Could this possibly be changed to simply home, Books, firefox? When I'm in the file
manager, I like
the verbosity but on the desktop I'm usually only interested in the names of the icons, not what type they
are. This
might not be possible since I think the file managers handle the desktop, and I don't know how orca would
distinguish
between when you're on the desktop and when in a folder view Another thing that's strange, is why it says
only home,
computer, and not home desktop configuration file icon, computer desktop configuration file icon, etc. It
announces the
type of the icon, except for the items put there by the desktop environment itself, home, computer, trash,
and possibly
removable devices.  What do you guys think?
Thanks
Kendell clark