Re: [orca-list] beginning work on an NVDA like controller

hi
This is way, way over my head. Sigh, and I thought this wouldn't be
too difficult. Is there any reason why you can't import orca modules
directly? It's python code, so should be straightforward.

I cannot write c code, and experience has shown me no one else here
will do it, so if I can't figure this out this might not happen. I
basically want orca to speak. If I have to use dbus, I can, but c or
c++ is way out of my skillset
Thanks
Kendell clark

Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello, Well I am afraid this is not as easy as it originally
appears. If you are about to access and use orca functionality from
other projects you can't import orca modules. Probably the most
linux like approach would be writing a dbus interface in orca and a
small library preferably coded in pure C interfacing to orca
through dbus.

I think this might be considered translating what NVDA and NVDA
controller library do on Windows to use linux specific technologies
for the same task.

Greetings

Peter