Re: [orca-list] Patch: Experimental eSpeak support using python-espeak

Hi Kendell.

On 08/24/2015 06:25 PM, kendell clark wrote:

I'd say one advantage to using espeak directly is that it would allow
orca to work well on systems that don't utilize pulseaudio.
Speech-dispatcher's alsa code is quite buggy and prone to crashing,
whine espeak works just fine on an alsa only system. Other than that
there really isn't much of a difference.

So if I understand you correctly, we'd be adding additional code to Orca
that we wouldn't need to add if Speech Dispatcher's Alsa code were
fixed. Sounds like a good reason to fix Speech Dispatcher; not a reason
to add code to Orca.

--joanie