Re: [orca-list] Looking for up-to-date information of getting, building and using orca master

First you need to instal some packages, but I don't know exactly what.
Here is a brief list:
git, gnome-common, yelp-tools, at-spi2-atk, python-atspi, python-dbus, python-xdg, speech-dispatcher, liblouis, brltty.
There are more and you'll discover during the configuration of orca.

Now you need to clone orca from the repository using the following command:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/orca

The above command will create a folder called orca in the current folder.
The Folder orca contains the source of orca.

Now execute the following sequence to configure, compile and install orca.
./autogen.sh -prefix=/opt/orca
where /opt/orca is the folder where orca will be installed. I am using /opt/orca as an example.

make
make install

If you do not have permission to install orca in the desired folder you have execute make install as sudo.

Assuming that all is ok, you can execute orca with following command:
/opt/orca/bin/orca --replace