[orca-list] gsettings backend test results

hi all
Since luke's announcement of the gsettings backend's availability, I've
been testing it. It seems to work nearly flawlessly, which is great for
an ... is it an alpha? There are three issues I'd like to get out there
so luke can be made aware of them. If requested, I'll gladly provide
debug logs, though honestly the issues seem like lack of support in the
code rather than errors. First, application specific configurations
don't seem to work. When I first encountered this, I tried to remedy it
by setting the settings up the way you normally would, that is pressing
orca+control+space and then setting the prefs. This works, until you
attempt to reload the settings. When you do this, the speech gets set to
it's default settings, rate, pitch, voice, etc and orca will no longer
speak anything. The fix is to turn the screen reader off and on, either
via the shortcut or manually. Second, by default, orca's upper case
pitch is set to 5.0, instead of something higher to make it noticeable.
THis is easiy fixed by just adjusting it. You can do this by changing
the voice type to upper case in the voice tab, and then changing the
pitch. Third, there seems to be a slight pause between when orca
announces the name of something and the role. Example, weather. Panel.
Instead of "weather panel." Other than those, this works fantastically
and will get even better once the progress bar stuff is murged in.
Congrats luke on this and thanks for all your work.
Thanks
Kendell clark