Re: [orca-list] Can't simulate "click" on clickable elements with keyboard

Le 09/10/2017 à 18:01, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Hello,

In order to allow NVDA like behaviour either a lot of things need to be changed or a lot of wild guesses and overrides has to be made for the enter key handling. The way NVDA and accessibility is working under windows is that accessibility objects usually do have the default action. For simple widgets like buttons, links and similar, click is the default action. Unknown clickable texts similar to those we are discussing often have no default action, so NVDA can pretend click to be the default action. It then overrides the enter key (in browse mode only) and it executes the default action on the enter key press. Orca is known for not overriding key presses behaviour. It's why I think would be so difficult to change it.

Do you know where we could find the NVDA code related to this particular behavior?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager