[orca-list] More on the hanging problem

After upgrading my machine to ubuntu 17.10 that problem I asked about last week was worse than ever. My machine was hanging for a minute or two pretty regularly. But this time I connected to it via ssh from another machine and ran top. Top showed that pulse was taking 100% of cpu and driving the load up over 4. That hung even my ssh session. The top display would be stuck but it showed pulse at the top.

I ran spd-conf and reconfigured it to use libao. So far so good. There is a bit of a latency problem though. I can type faster than it can talk.

--
John G. Heim; jheim math wisc edu; sip://jheim sip linphone org