Re: [orca-list] Some crashes and alternatives for Orca 3.28

In my experience Orca is extremely stable.

Most of my crashes over the years have been down to ATSpi, though these days everything is pretty rock solid running Fedora 28.

Could there be something else in the Ubuntu 18.04 accessibility stack causing the crashes?

On a related note: Orca works just fine during the Fedora installer. However, unlike Ubuntu there is no drums sound so unless you have enough vision to see when the desktop has appeared you won't know when to press the Alt+Super+S key to start up Orca. I usually just wait for about 3 minutes after booting off a USB media, or get someone sighted to tell me when the "Try Fedora" screen is up so I can start Orca. It would be really nice if the Fedora installer could play some kind of sound to let us know when it was ready.

Regards,

Nick