Re: [orca-list] Greetings and a Settings QUestion

I've been able to work around this inaccessibility by searching for each of the settings categories, and making changes. Once you select a group, the members are accessible. Here's an example:

Let's say I want to fix power settings:  I tap the Super key, once, and type the word 'power'.  Several items will be listed; you can move with the arrows. When I get to the one that says 'power', and nothing else, I hit 'enter', and fix the settings. When done, I use 'alt+f4' to close the dialogue.  Aftere a new installation of GNOME, I do this for 'power', 'privacy', 'search', and 'usage and history'.  To discover and connect to wifi spots, I go to the top bar ('alt+ctrl+tab', and navigate to the 'system' group, with the right arrow. Down arrow expands the menu. Moving down, you'll come to 'wifi', where another press of 'right arrow' expands, and the first item you'll see is 'select network'.  Hit 'enter', and you'll get a vavigable list of network access points. Hit 'enter' on the desired one, and wait.  If you need to authenticate, you'll get a password prompt. If you do not need a password, and you get silence, you may have connected.

Hope this helps,

-Dave