Re: [orca-list] Satellites and screenreaders

Hello,

Your best bet would be to install tvheadend and kodi with a kodi screen reader

 on supported hardware e.g. your PC, raspberry pi and similar.

And then use these satelite boxes as external tuners for your tvheadend through sat IP protocol.

Alternativelly if you are only interested in a few muxes, you can keep the satelite boxes in their original setup and allow your family members and relatives to use its built-in enigma based interface and load m3u channel lists into tvheadend.

This way you will not be getting EPG from the satelite feeds thus you'd perhaps like to look for wg++ and grab EPG data from the internet.

For example I am grabbing all my EPG from https://m.tv.sms.cz/ site and getting the actual video content from OTT services such as Telekom Magio GO and kuki.tv into tvheadend. With these satelite boxes you might be doing a similar thing if you like.

Sorry for off topic. This is not screen reader specific and mostly targets our central european region.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 3. 10. 2020 o 20:14 Vojtěch šmiro via orca-list napísal(a):
Hello,

is some way to install screenreader to the satellite? We have Gosat 7710 and Gosat 7770 and Amiko Spiel Mini. We can listen radio or watch TV, but Amiko is older an some TVs are not working on it, but never mind. Please, is some way to run some screenreader? All our satellites are linux based. And if not, do exists some satellites which I can blindli work with? Or is some way to work with Satellite and braille display?

Thanks a lot.

I wish you all great health and condition.

Best regards

Vojta.