Re: [orca-list] Why two web navigation toggles?

Focus mode should be all you need for most web apps. The structural navigation toggle just turns off the keyboard shortcuts to things like headers, objects, buttons, etc, which are already turned off if you're in focus mode. The structural navigation toggle is only needed if you're in browse mode and need to turn off the shortcut keys. For example, if I'm making a phone call using either TextNow or Google Voice and need to dial numbers after the call is connected, I need to toggle off structural navigation in order to dial numbers 1 through 6 because those are header levels 1 through 6 navigation keys normally, but I do probably want to stay in browse mode, since focusing will not allow me to continue to use the arrow keys to navigate the page.. I've never had the need to work with both focus mode and structural navigation off at the same time. As I mentioned, focus mode automatically toggles off structural navigation, because it can be assumed that if you press a structural navigation key while in focus mode, you intended to pass that key to the web app rather than navigating to an element or control. If you see different behavior from what I describe, i.e. if you are in focus mode and structural navigation keys are taking you to unexpected places, you probably found a bug. Hope this helps.

~Kyle