From: orca-list <orca-list-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of Kyle via
orca-list
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 9:10 PM
To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] UI concept

I was thinking more along the lines of an expandable/collapsible tree
structure like what we see in the settings windows in several audio players.
This could allow for categorization of plugins, and even settings within a
plugin. For example, we currently see two similar sets of settings related
to announcement of tables, quotes, landmarks, forms, etc. One set involves
SayAll and is currently under the general tab. The other is just related to
basic navigation, and is application specific.
Instead, we could have a presentation category, which if expanded, would
show SayAll and Navigation. Expanding either of these, or maybe navigating
to either and tabbing through the rest of the window could cycle through all
the checkboxes in the desired category. Actually, it may be good to put
these in a list and have "Select All" and "Deselect All" options. Just a
thought, although if I understand the original concept correctly, I think it
can also work well.

~Kyle