Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice and orca: moving to headings, links, tables etc.

On 19/4/22 09:51, John J Herzog via orca-list wrote:
Thanks for the helpful info. Are there alternative word processors that work better with Orca and support navigation commands?

In the UNIX tradition, of which Linux is a part, word processors are often not the first tool of choice for writing.

Instead, you can write in a text editor, using your preferred markup language (Markdown, Asciidoc, LaTeX, HTML, etc. - whatever you prefer). Then convert the file to an appropriate format for delivery to whoever needs it. Tools such as Pandoc, LaTeX and Asciidoctor handle the conversion.

I sometimes use word processors, but mostly for reading other peoples' documents, and occasionally for collaboration. However, all of my own writing projects are in a markup language and stored in Git repositories.