Re: [orca-list] Heading Navigation on Google Search Results Page

Hello,

I don't believe that the description of the search result is contained in the heading tag. Even if it was, pressing h again should go to the next heading, not wrap around to the same heading, in my view.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 8:21 AM Jason White via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

On 8/7/22 20:41, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:
> When I traverse through Google search results, I use headings
> navigation to get through the various results. Sometimes, I want to
> read the URL or the description of the result, so I press down arrow
> to read any description. If I want to jump to the next result, I press
> h and expect that I will be brought to the next search result.
> Unfortunately, focus jumps back to the previous heading that I've
> already traversed. This seems to happen in Firefox and Chrome. If I
> want to get to the next heading, I need to press h twice.

Are you actually outside of the heading text when you press "h"?

If the heading text is long, it will span multiple "lines". That is,
pressing down-arrow isn't necessarily sufficient to move to the next
element.