Re: [orca-list] Interesting text to speech announcement

You don't have to pay any money to get it. There are several ways that you're supposed to be able to download and install it, but only their docker image and the .deb packages found at

https://github.com/mycroftAI/mimic3/releases

worked for me, and the packages seem to work better on Ubuntu 22.04 than any earlier Debian or derivative, although I didn't try the latest upstream Debian. Installing via pip as recommended for the Python package only gave me errors about not being able to find a suitable onnxruntime version, and I'm not sure how to run commands that are inside of a docker image from a shell that is running outside. This is why I set it up on a server I have kicking around that runs Ubuntu 22.04.

~Kyle