Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu Mate 22.04 getting stuck

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 09:58:17PM +0000, Rastislav Kish via orca-list wrote:
Hello list,

hello Rastislav.

after upgrading to Ubuntu Mate 22.04, I noticed an interesting problem.

After closing certain applications, the keyboard navigation seems to get
stuck.

it is a known issue with new versions of mate.

I'm not able to switch windows, do tab navigation and not even press
Alt+F2 to restart orca, when pressing backspace in where I expect to be
a dialog, no beeping is played so I assume it wasn't even displayed.

I don't have proofs yet whether the keyboard or possibly sound is
malfunctioning.

it's just a keyboard.

But, one thing is for sure. After waving the mouse cursor a bit via my
touchpad, everything usually just starts working again in few seconds.

Except one case, I don't even need to click on anything, just moving is
enough.

I had to click in the upper left corner to open the applications menu,
then I got tired of it and switched to gnome.

Applications where this usually happens are VLC, but browsers tend to do
it as well, I didn't notice any common sign of them.

mpv, chromium, electron is what I remember.

What makes debugging particularly difficult is hard reproducibility, it
happens just from time to time, seemingly randomly.

just open and close chromium.

Thanks!

Best regards

Rastislav