Next steps for Pango

Hi, everyone,

I have started this wiki page:

http://live.gnome.org/Performance/Pango

So far we have been testing text layout for the default behavior of
PangoLayout (no specific width set, no ellipsization, no markup, etc.).
Also, we haven't benchmarked rendering at all.

I'll modify pango-language-profile's measure_strings() to also render
the layouts to the GtkWindow that we have around.  This will let us
profile the rendering pipeline.  I'm sure that the X server will show up
high in the profiles there...

Billy and Behdad were working on making pango_default_break() fast.
Could you please update the wiki page with that info (bug number,
progress, etc.)?

Also, Behdad was re-creating Owen's patch to make
pango_log2vis_get_embedding_levels() fast for RTL-only and LTR-only
strings.  This also needs to be updated in the wiki page.

Thanks for the great work everyone has put in so far in this.  We are
kicking ass!

  Federico