Re: Early Gnome-terminal profiling

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Travis Reitter wrote:

> I've done a little profiling of gnome-terminal, uxterm, and xterm, to
> see how they stack up to each other in a few different tests.
>
> Here's the rough draft (please don't link to it - the final release will
> be a blog post, once I've gotten a little review, and polished it up a
> little): http://www.netdrain.com/performance/gnome-term-prof/index.html
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback and suggestions (especially corrections).
>
> (I'll also clean up the formatting and give a little more summary
> information in the final post).

It's really weird.  I got very different results for
gnome-terminal using Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.  Can you run my
test and report the results:

  http://mces.blogspot.com/2005/10/gnome-terminal-performance.html

Although you are not the only one to report such results.  I
suspect there's something where fishy going on.

Thanks,

> -Travis

--behdad
http://behdad.org/