Re: Planner-list Holiday periods in planner?

Hi Maurice,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:59:11 +0200
Maurice van der Pot <griffon26 kfk4ever com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 06:53:09PM +0100, Rich Coombs wrote:
> > I would like to know how I include a holiday period in my gantt chart. I.e.
> > a week or so where no progress will be made on the project as it is the
> > Christmas holiday or something like that.
>
> You do that by marking these days as non-working in the project
> calendar. It's under Project -> Manage Calendars. Set the day type to
> non-working and click Apply.

While on this subject, IMHO the actual interface isn't helpful when it comes
to set a period of days as non-working, eg. when you're marking vacations. In
order to mark several days as non-working I have to do, for each day (unless
I'm missing something):

1. select the day on the calendar
2. set its type to non-working
3. click the "Apply" button

... now imagine doing this for 20 days in a row =(

I believe that allowing multiple days selection with CTRL (and, if possible,
also with SHIFT for contiguous periods of time) would make this process much
simpler.

Anyone sees any problem with the proposed changes? Should I file a RFE on
bugzilla for this?

Regards,

Andre

--