Looking to contribute

Hello,

I am looking to contribute to recipes, I am specifically looking to remove the functionality that forces the conversion of a users ingredient to a different measurement. These conversions are unnecessary and more importantly are inaccurate and buggy.
As an example of a bug related to the conversions, if you enter in 100ml and click away the measurement is converted to tablespoons. Then click the tablespoons measurement and click away once more, and the tablespoons measurement is increased to a larger table spoon measurement despite the fact that no conversion even happened.
I am emailing to see if removal of this feature would be something the maintainers of this application would be okay with, and if I successfully implemented this would it be something they would be willing to merge into the master branch?

Thank you,
Wyatt