Re: [GTK+ hard code freeze] Revert gtk_menu_popup API break

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Martin Pitt <martin pitt ubuntu com> wrote:

> But this patch was not a fix, it renamed an existing and perfectly
> working function to a different name which different arguments. So
> popup_for_device() which is documented to be bindable now isn't, and
> popup() which is tagged to be not bindable now silently exists, but
> the documentation does not match because it takes different arguments.
> So why is this considered a "correction"?

My understanding was that gtk_menu_popup was not perfectly working,
since it was missing the destroy notify.
If the documentation does not match, that is clearly a bug in the
implementation of 'Rename to'.

Anyway, I need some more opinions from bindings authors before making
this decision. Lets see if I collect some.