Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.6.2 problems

Ok, I fixed it. To recap, there are two bugs when enabling the mp4 support
on rhythmbox. One is rhythmbox's and one is faad2's.

1. If you enable --enable-mp4 support, vorbis won't compile. The reason is
because it (unessaserily?) tries to link against -lmp4v2 which doesn't exist
because faad2 does NOT compile it by default (faad2 was compiled according
to the suggested readme.linux file). You have to manually go to the <faad2
folder>/common/mp4v2/ folder and "make" it there and then install it.
2. After you have installed mp4v2, both mp4 and ogg are enabled on
rhythmbox's configure. That's good so far. A bit down the compilation, the
mp4v2.h can't find the systems.h header on /usr/include/ because mp4v2's
buggy "make install" script does not install that file! I had to manually
copy that file from its folder to /usr/include in order to be able to
compile Rhythmbox. After that was done, I am now up and running.

Please fix on CVS and file two bugs, one with the faad2 people, and one with
the id3tag people for "forgetting" to include the pkgconfig .pc file for so
long...

Best Rgds,
Eugenia

.

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.