Re: About Rygel

>> > Also I would be interested to know if it is possible to "redirect
>> > the sound output to DLNA speakers using the phone" as it is also mentioned
>> > at the site.
>>
>>   You'll need to enable the rygel and HTTP plugin in pulse-audio. Once
>> that is enabled and you have rygel running your streams should be
>> automatically be available on the network for any DLNA
>> client/control-point to discover and play. Mind you that pulse-audio
>> guys insists on providing their own HTTP stream and therefore any
>> issue with actual playback are usually a bug in pulse-audio.
>>
> You probably need a fairly recent PulseAudio version to do that (>
> 0.99.1) since there was a bug that prevented Pulse from working
> correctly with Rygel.

Ok, I have Rygel 0.10.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10 which I believe has
PulseAudio 1.0. Now, how do I establish this PulseAudio HTTP stream so
that with everything I play there's also separate audio stream?

I have BD player which can play media from Rygel but I don't think
this BD player can be seen by any control-point software. I was
thinking that is it possible to first manually select a stream using
BD player and then control the content of the stream with
control-point software (phone)? The goal I'm trying to achieve is that
video stream of the desired media from Rygel goes to BD player and
audio stream to another device while retaining control over the
playback from the phone. Is this the proper approach I should go about
this?

--
--- DI Jouni Heinäharju
---- from Gmail webmail