Re: streaming Internet mp3s?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Hollis Blanchard <hollis penguinppc org> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2012 6:49 PM, "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Hollis Blanchard <hollis penguinppc org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi, I'm trying to use Rygel both for hosting my media and for playing it
>> > (i.e. "jukebox" model). I have remote control (AndroMote) over local mp3
>> > files working, but I'm wondering how I can stream a radio station from
>> > the
>> > Internet?
>> >
>> > Such streams doesn't exist on my local filesystem, so Rygel the
>> > MediaServer
>> > wouldn't know to list it for AndroMote the Control Point, so nothing can
>> > tell Rygel the MediaRenderer to play it.
>>
>> Rygel is not at all limited to local filesystem. It can handle any
>> URIs that gstreamer can read.
>
> Can you elaborate with an example of how I can specify an arbitrary URI?

I don't know how you can specify through rhythmbox (you'll have to ask
rhythmbox devs) but if you are using the media-export plugin, you can
specify the URIs in the rygel.conf file (its in ~/.config if you run
rygel as normal user or /etc if you run it as root).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124