Re: Unable to find/generate any rygel log file

Hi,

Thanks! That worked. Perhaps a comment should be added to the sample
rygel.conf and/or rygel manpage to mention this? The existing
documents

It's already in the manpage of rygel.conf in the description of log-
level:

       log-level=DOMAIN:LEVEL[,DOMAIN:LEVEL,...]
           Comma-separated list of DOMAIN:LEVEL pairs, allowing to set
the log level individually for each domain, where DOMAIN
           is eiher "*", "rygel" or the name of a plugin. Allowed log
levels are 1=error, 2=critical, 3=warning, 4=message/info,
           5=debug. Note that on recent versions of GLib (>= 2.36) it
is required to set the environment variable
           G_MESSAGES_DEBUG to all to get any debug output.

lead the user to think -g/--log-level and the rygel.conf setting will
be
effective without having to also set an environmental variable.

I realize now that the RYGEL_LOGFILE environmental variable is
intended
to be used in the start-stop-daemon context for redirecting
stdout/stderr, but perhaps this could be explained in rygel
documentation as well.

I don't even know where that would be coming from, definitely not
upstream.