Re: New spawned windows kill random other windows

At 14:59 on Fri 03/09/04, tooar gmx net masquerading as 'tooar' wrote:
> hello,
>
> Jonathan Sambrook wrote on Wed, 25.08.2004:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Running Gnome 2.6 and Xinerama.
> >
> > I've noticed this behaviour being triggered by k3b and by gmplayer.
> > The former when returning to the main window from a burn and the
> > gmplayer when it displays error message dialogue boxes (often spilling
> > out oodles of them one-after-the-other (crap coding I guess, but
> > still...).
> >
> > I assume that they are messing with some sort of window display list
> > inside Sawfish since the applications remain running, but disappear
> > from view and from Gnome's Window List. They don't reappear if I
> > restart Sawfish.
> >
> > Does this sound familiar t anyone?
>
> yes, i have kind of the same problem. sometimes, if an application only
> shows a window for a very short time, other windows disappear
> mysteriously even though the process is still running and the window is
> still listed in "xwininfo -root -tree". restarting sawfish doesn't help.
> over here, this happens mostly with applications like easytag, that pop
> up a progress window when scanning a directory or something similar.

Yeah, sounds like the same thing alright.

John, do you have any ideas? (My emails been bouncing the past few days,
so apologies if you've already replied.)

> i've reported this problem 2 or 3 times to the list, but nobody seems to
> care.

Ah, well I'm using Metacity on that box now. Trouble is it's my main
workstation at home and Metacity, whilst stable, is far from feature
complete; given Havoc's peculiar views on minimalist functionality,
likely to remain so.

> sawfish 1.0.1 is the last version that doesn't have this problem.

Stranger and stranger.

> regards,
>
> 	tooar
>

> --
> Hiroschima 45, Tschernobyl 86, Windows 95

Quite offensive to the memory of the dead?

--

    .__
                                                   \__/

 hmmnsoft's FreeShade : window shading, for Windows, for free

                http://www.hmmn.org/FreeShade