Re: alternative workspace switchers

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:24:20 +0100
lemon <smile lemonia org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> having just ditched gnome-session for a leaner xsession-based
> environment i'm curious if there's any alterative to the gnome-panel's
>
> workspace switcher applet.

I think you are looking for this.
http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/sawfish/pager/

I use it all the time, as I use a heavily customized version of sawfish.
This pager shows the windows, click to change, and allows you to drag
windows around workspaces within the pager (Very nice feature).  You can
also use images in the background, customize the colours pretty much
anything.

Coupled with bubblemon and wmfisthtime I don't use a panel thingy at
all.

Hope this helps,

Rohan