[Shotwell] Shotwell .180 (and .20.2) crashes while trying to auto import at startup

I'm using shotwell .180 on Ubuntu 14.10.  It was working well but now crashes seconds from opening it.  I has used it to import all my images (copies) into a new image directory.  It worked and organized my images in directories as indicated.  Then for some reason it was no longer showing any images from 2014.  So I deleted the ~./local/share/shotwell directory to try to force it to reindex.  It seemed to find the images but crashes during the redinexing process.

I'd like to reinstall shotwell and start from the beginning but I can't seem to completely uninstall it.

Any help?

Thanks,
Wayne