Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Display tool

On 6 Jun 2001, jacob berkman wrote:

> On 06 Jun 2001 09:20:20 -0500, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:

> the actual size of the X display.  tambet is very correct in that it
> currently can't be changed w/o restarting X, and also in that the
> extension he mentioned will allow this behaviour.

Oh, of course. This could actually be quite useful for those people who
have 3D cards with low video memory: they could change the size of the
virtual desktop to allow more memory for textures, but just while they
play a game, and then come back to a better resolution, without leaving
their session. I suppose there are some applications that assume that the
root window will never change size.

Greetings,
Arturo