Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: [Ximian Hackers] Control Center 1.5.7testing and bug reporting

On first glance, this looks like a really, really, really broken
installation of Bonobo, OAF, or some such. Could you try launching the
moniker (bonobo-moniker-archiver) and the capplet binary (say,
background-properties-capplet) in separate terminals, then launching
that capplet from the control center? I'd like to see if there are any
other error messages popping up, or if the control center is even able
to reach the capplet at all.

On 10 Sep 2001 18:55:43 -0400, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I just downloaded again and got the "Could not load the
> capplet" error message again, with
>
> Bonobo-WARNING **: Activating 'OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_Oaf' returned nothing
>
> Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-moniker-util.c: line 503
> (bonobo_moniker_client_resolve_default): assertion oniker !=
> CORBA_OBJECT_NIL' failed.
>
> on stderr for every capplet execution try.
>
> Posting this in bugzilla.
>
> Arturo

-Bradford Hovinen

We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of
eternally regenerative Universe.

   -- R. Buckminster Fuller