[Usability] UI Review - status pages

The UI-freeze date for GNOME 2.4 is on July 7th:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/
We probably can't make any UI changes after that so we'd better get on
with the ui-review.

So, here's a UI Review status page:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/ui-review/index.html
It's mostly blank at the moment, because I am ignorant. Please feel free
to edit the page in cvs to update it. The idea is that the "bugzilla"
column would contain links to umbrella bugs [1] in bugzilla, and the
"extra" column would contain links to any separate ui-review documents
[2].

Here's the beginnings of a UI Review checklist:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/ui-review/checklist.html
Again, please add to it if you think of anything else suitable. This
should list all the most obvious stuff to look at. It should not contain
anything other than links into the HIG.

So, it would be great if people could
- Dredge up any old ui-review results that have not yet been dealt with,
and add them to the status page.
- Choose a module and do a quick ui-review, updating the status page
afterwards.

Please keep your bugzilla bugs and/or ui-review documents clear, concise
and actionable. They should point out errors in terms of the HIG. They
should suggest changes rather than discuss general issues and it should
be clear what needs to be done to fix the problem. If you must make more
general speculation then please keep that clearly separate from the
simple HIG-violation bugs. [3]

I would love to do some of this myself but I have very very little time
- just enough time to  put these pages together as a starting point for
the rest of you.

[1] If there are lots of ui-review bugs for an application then you can
create an umbrella bug that just has the other bugs as dependencies.
[2] I'm not sure when these would be appropriate instead of bugs, but
it's what people did in the past.
[3] There is a terrible tendency on this list to be verbose, arbitrary,
flowery and directionless. It's against the principle of usability and
it stops stuff from actually getting done.

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net