Re: [Usability] "About" menu items galore...

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:59:04 +0200
> From: Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] "About" menu items galore...
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
> <snip>
> >>
> >>4) Titlepage is a word.
> >

> > Or it is is two words, which I think was the original point being made.
> >
> > There must be lots of really good German programmers because I cannot
> > think why so many developers have a fascination with creating new compound
> > words.  Sure it is fine in German and in compound words like website occur
> > in common usage a lot but web site is marginally easier to read and keeps
> > spellcheckers happy so I tend to split the compound words where the
> > spellchecker disagrees with me.
> >
> you mean 'spell checker' ;)

I assure you I did think for a few seconds before writing that but I
decided not to break up it up into seperate words.

Abiword uses the compound word Spellcheck but interestingly Microsoft Word
seems to have avoided it using "Spelling" or "Spelling check" instead.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/