Re: No focus on map hint

On Tuesday 29 of April 2003 00:09, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found your old mail (and "I'm going to commit now" reminder)
> tickmarked in one of my mail folders - doh. ;-) If you didn't commit
> already I think it looks OK. Some small comments below.
[snip]

 Actually, when implementing this for KWin, I noticed small problem. I cannot
reliably get the time of last user action to compare it with the timestamp,
because for some applications keyboard events are not propagated to the
toplevel window (i.e. XSelectInput() on the managed window doesn't get it).
I'd have to do XSelectInput() on all subwindows a'la XAutoLock, so I think the
application will have to update the timestamp of its window whenever it gets
user input.

 I'll post updated proposal after ironing out all details in my implementation
and making sure there's no other problem.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer