RE: [xml] Some minor fixes (against 2.4.23)

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 July 2002 3:49 AM
To: Robert Collins
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Some minor fixes (against 2.4.23)

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 05:51:17PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
The other three are needed to build and install the python
extensions
OOTB on cygwin. The library name is  needed for linking on platforms
that don't support unresolved symbols, and the VPATH fixes should be

  Now my problem is that I wonder on how many other platforms adding
the direct link there is gnna break things. I'm also wondering how
this gonna play with my RPM packaging where the python binding for all
installed Pythons setups are generated by the same genarated Makefile,
and that I'm pretty sure will break with your patch.

OH. I was given the python lookup code by some python users - I'm not
one :}. I -hope- that it won't break anything. I'm also told that the
apparent cross-platform tool to build python mods is 'distutils', so may
have a patch for that soo.

  Have you tested the Python bindings on Cygwin, do they really work ?

Apparently. I'm not a python user, but a couple of users have reported
that they do, with patches that would have broken other platforms.

Rob