Re: [xml] Generating a correct xml2-config for use with --libs

Aleksey Sanin wrote:

Solaris 2.6 + Sun Workshop CC 4.2 generate "unresolved external symbols" error
if indirect linked library is not specified (I know that nobody uses 2.6 except me
these days but it's more simple to move from 2.6 to Linux than to 2.8 or 2.9).

I still have to support Solaris 2.5.1 versions of our application. There is no
chance that this requirement will be changed (except, of course, if management
becomes serious about their elusive vision of Windows-only support).

Another concern I have is if the proposed solution work with the GNU linker as
well.

I think a better approach would be to leave --libs as is, and add a new option,
say --lib, to return the newly created XML_LIB in Gary's patch.