Re: [xml] html push parser and libiconv

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:57:33AM -0400, Chris Anderson wrote:
  Okay, but I expect to provide the same kind of htmlRead... APIs
as provided for the XML parser for the HTML parser and those include
encoding as a const char * . As discussed a few weeks ago on the list
I'm trying to get rid as much as possible of the xmlCharEncoding type
which is too limited and for no good reason.
  The patch might help those stuck with 2.5.11, thanks but from 2.6.0
I expect a better alternative API.

Yeah, it is by no means an elegant solution, more like a quick and dirty
approach for my particular needs.

  I just commited the new HTML APIs in CVs this afternoon.

I though people had troubles with the fact that they received strings
of characters, not because they receive the error synchronously !

This is true...

if (strncmp(msg, "xmlParserInputBufferPush: encoder error", 39) == 0)
  p->genericStatus = XML_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_ENCODING

  Yeah, that need fixing, definitely.

Daniel