Re: [xml] arguments to an XSLT transformation in Python

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:17:21PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hi there,

I have a Python script that uses an extension function, and also uses an
argument that is passed to this function. For example:

import libxml2
import libxslt

def f(ctx, data):
    print data
    return 'nothing'
[...]
result = style.applyStylesheet(doc, {'data':"'test'"})
[...]
I can't get this to work though. When I pass in a python object what is
passed to f() is an empty list ([]). The only thing that seems to be
legal to pass is an xpath expression...
[...]
If not, is there a workaround?

Try something like this:

class Data:
        def __init__(self,data):
                self.data=data
        def f(self,ctx,data)
                print self.data
                return 'nothing'

[...]

data = Data({'data':"'test'"})
result = style.applyStylesheet(doc, data.f)

Greets,
        Jacek