[xml] old exsl:document bug back?

Right now I am using exsl:document as follows:

<exsl:document href="{$filename}" method="xml" encoding="UTF-8"
  doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

Yet the output file only gives:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Looking around I found this old bug reference in lib(e)xslt:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2001-November/msg00056.html

This is exactly what I am facing right now.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Alas!  The world is full of enormous lights and mysteries, and man shuts
them from himself with one small hand!