Re: [xml] Probs with xmlCtxtReadFile() !!

Am Freitag, 28. Januar 2005 12:03 schrieb Daniel Veillard:
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:21:28AM +0100, Ronny Seemann wrote:
I also tried
    xmllint --valid --noout ACK.R01.xml
from the command line.

With XML_1 I get:   no error
With XML_2 I get:   ACK.R01.xml:1: element HDR: validity error : Element
HDR

[...]

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

  I already stated on this list that for me xmllint *was* reporting an
error with XML_1, and asking you to upgrade *first* before making further
report.

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00223.html
   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00184.html

You did not reply (publicly) to my mail, and instead repost basically the
same informations as in your first mail. What's the point of me replying to
you if you ignore what I say ? Or did I missed something ?

Libxm2 is included to our linux kernel from a partner company.
When they have to upgrade libxml2, the hole software of the device
must be validate. This is not only expensive but also claimed a lot of time.
I didn't see that you post my question (with my example) to the list, hence I
wanted to ask the list if someone else knows something. Sorry, my fault.
Ok, in the future i will read all mails twice :-).

And to confirm *once again* that no I cannot reproduce this behaviour with
the current version:

I believe you that xmlCtxtReadFile works correct in the current version.
I tested it successful locally by myself. I just wanted to know if someone can
remember a bug in version 2.6.11, because i couldt find any hints on
xmlsoft.org.

[...]

  Now would you be so kind to simply, read my replies and follow the
advices you got back !!!

Daniel

Thanks for the assistance, even if it is arduous with me.
I wish a beautiful weekend.

best regards
Ronny Seemann

--