Re: [xml] Win32 support

Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 09:15:07AM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
Hi,

Can you please take a look on bug #403516 (xmllint on win32 does not
work correct)? It's really important to get it fixed in svn because this bug
makes xmllint unusable on win32... :(

  unusable ... just that ?
To me it looks like it merely forces you to use the catalog on the
same disk as other resources used in the process.

So you want to force users to make sure the resources he's using is where you think they have to be? I'm not
sure, but when I'm correct, xmllint currently only accepts relative paths...

That said the patch looks somehow sensible, except it breaks the
convention, forces the use of ';' instead of ':' and doesn't reflect
the change in any of the documentation.
':' can't be used as separator on win32. It's already recognized on other places in your code iirc and all
platform independent programs/libs have to deal with this problem.
In my first mail I said that's more a hack than a real fix and asked for help - without any response :(

Also // is not accepted as comment in libxml2 code, but that's minor.

Please send the patch again, as an attachment,

Ok, I'll send a new patch in the next few days.

Christian